Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Urban Decay Sustainable Shadow Box

Here are the up-close swatches of the UD Sustainable Shadow Box!


I ordered this from Sephora. It comes with a mini UDPP in the original color and no liner, but a little brush instead.


Not going to lie, I will never use this brush. It's awful! It's hard and not good for anything at all. I hate it! It'll hang out in the palette until one day I'm desperate and have nothing else to use.. and even then, I think I'd prefer a finger.

I swatched all the colos on my bare hand so you could see the true pigmentation.


This is YDK. It's similar to Half Baked and Underground. It's not shimmery but got a satiny finish.

Flipside is a beautiful teal color. I love it! Here it's pretty sheer but when you layer it on it's quite bright. It's a satin finish, not shimmery.

Grifter is one of my favorite UD colors. I've been using it for years! I used it and it only for my lid color for a really long time. I have the Ammo UD palette as well that I got a few years ago and there's a huge dip in my Grifter. I think it's the closest I've come to hitting pan! I'm glad I got another one just in case I do. :)

This is Uzi. It's a bright white with a ton of glitter in it. I love this color for highlight! I'm of the opinion the more shimmer/glitter that you can pack on it the better. I look like a disco globe most days and I love it. :) I don't mind the fallout of this eyeshadow but if you hate glitter fallout this shadow is not for you.

This is Twice Baked. It's a nice chocolate brown color. It's kind of plain, so I don't use it often. Usually it's for a crease color or possibly an eyeliner. It's a little satiny, but definitely not on the scale that some other colors, like Flipside, are.

Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is one of the reasons I bought this palette. I love the Midnight Cowboy stuff! It's all neutral and shimmery and glittery and makes me super happy. :) I love this color! I don't mind the fallout or anything like a lot of people do. 

This is Flash. This is also called 'Underland' in the Alice of Wonderland palette, so I already had it. I love this color though! This is another color that I'll just throw on the lid, add some black eyeliner, and it's a cool look for the day. Super simple, too!

Oil Slick is a nice shimmery/glittery black. I don't really use it for anything other than setting liner because it's so shimmery and glittery! I love glitter and shimmer just as much as the next girl, but I hate black fallout.

This is Kiddie Pool. It's a nice shimmery light blue. It doesn't have any glitter in it. It doesn't have much fallout.. but I'm not such a fan of the blue, so I don't use it often. I feel like if I'm going to use a blue it needs to be BRIGHT! This is just kind of a nice, light blue.

Half Baked is a shadow that's kind of been done over and over by UD in different ways. They have a lot of bronzey/coppery colors that are slightly less shimmery, bronzey, or coppery than others. Although this is a nice color, it's also included in a few of their palettes so I have a few of these already.

So that's the Sustainable Shadow Box! I bought this box mostly for Flipside, YDK and for some reason I really wanted Kiddie Pool! It looked like such a beautiful color. It didn't disappoint, but I should have known that I wouldn't have used it nearly as much as I thought I would.



No comments:

Post a Comment