Hello!
I know it's been a long time. A really, really long time. I can't believe I came back to a bunch of followers, still. Crazy! Anyways hopefully now that I've gotten back into the swing of things with life I'll find more time to blog.. I was just so unmotivated, but now I've got a lot of motivation to do looks and reviews and share all my goodies :) Onto one of my most recent purchases!
I went to MAC this past Sunday willing to spend a lot of money. I wanted the Sultry eye palette, either the berry or the brownish pigment set and all three of the lip gloss sets. When I got there, my friendly MAC lady (who I've known since high school) informed me that pretty much none of that was at the store level yet. :( Bummer! So we messed around with some makeup for a while and I bought this set instead. Instead of the Sultry eye palette, I wound up with Sketch eye shadow instead but that's for another post.. so irritating!
The packaging's pattern was really interesting. It's white with a silver dotted design on it. On the back lists everything that comes in the set and ingredients.

I've never had a MAC makeup bag before. The circle on the front is a pocket, which I don't think is meant for anything other than looks. The zipper is long and clear with silver glitter inside it.. cute!
It came with these three items and a makeup brush. I've never had a MAC makeup brush either, and I've already lost it. :( It's been literally three days - what the hell?
It came with two eyeshadows - Silverwear and Blue Spruce. Beautiful colors! I didn't plan on buying this but my MAC girl sat me down and made up with this palette and it was awesome.
I realize that Blue Spruce didn't swatch well and I guess it is a bit hard to work with but once you get it layered on evenly it's totally worth it. What a gorgeous color!! Silverwear is really super sheer, as most frost finishes are, and definitely takes a lot of work to get it to show up. It's a great highlight color, though.




I've never had a MAC eyeliner so I was excited to get this as part of the kit. Down below, I swatched some other black liners I have against it.
The last thing it came with (besides the brush! Sorry!) was mascara. I've never tried this particular MAC mascara.
The brush is very run of the mill, nothing special. So I figured I would give it a shot, see how it looks. Now I've worn it on several different occasions now and can make an accurate judgement of this mascara. I hate it!
It looks good on camera. But in real life this mascara is absolutely terrible. It's really thick and clumpy and as you can see, coats your lashes in this thick nasty tar-like substance that gets on everything and clumps all your lashes together. If your eyelash touches your skin it will come off on your skin and smeeeeear like no one's business. Again, it doesn't look so bad in the picture but in person it was terrible. My biggest complaint was that it took forever to dry. Like this is not the kind of mascara you can layer right away, or curl your lashes after putting it on, or you can kind of move your lashes around after you put the mascara on.. it gets EVERYWHERE. I would say you should give it a good five minutes between coats. Who has that kind of time? I've never even tried to coats since look at what it does with one.
Anyways, there's the kit. Keep on the lookout for a FOTD with this kit - I plan on trying out a few things with it in the next few days.















No comments:
Post a Comment