Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sugarpill Haul & Swatches

I jumped on the Sugarpill bandwagon and bought their pressed eye shadows. I'd been wanting them for a really, super long time and finally just decided to get them! It's $34 for a palette of four or $12 for them individually. I didn't buy any of the pigments as I thought nine new eye shadows was enough at once :) I bought the Burning Heart palette twice and gave it to my friend Courtney as an early Christmas present :) The things you promise at dinner after a margarita or two..


So the majority of the shadows come in these well-built palettes. They're made of some sort of really thick, hardcore paper/cardboard/something like that. They have a strong magnet that keeps them snapped closed.


The back of the palette goes over that these shadows are part of the 'Addicted to Pretty' collection, and shows you which four shadows come in the palette. Rumor has it that if you peel that sticker off there are four holes that you can poke your eye shadows out through, say if you wanted to put them in a z-palette or something.
The first is the Sweet  Heart palette, which has Dollipop, Afterparty, Midori and Taco.
(What kind of name is Taco for an eye shadow? At least Taco isn't the pink one.. gross.)

These shadows are extremely pigmented. Like EXTREMELY pigmented. I absolutely love them. They're bright and fun and have awesome staying power. Primer swatched is Urban Decay Primer Potion.

As you can see, there isn't much of a difference between the primer side and the non-primer side. These shadows are awesome! Primer in this case is used to keep them on longer, not to bring out the real color.
The second palette is called the Burning Heart palette. This is the one I use the most. It's got Flamepoint, Buttercup, Love+ and Poison Plum in it. I'm pretty sure Poison Plum is a dupe for MUFE #72.. but we'll see. 

The last pressed shadow is the black one, called Bulletproof. It used to come in a palette of four, called the Cold Heart palette. It had Afterparty, Taco, Poison Plum and Bulletproof. They stopped putting it out for some reason.. I assume because people complained they had to buy three palettes at $34 a piece and then they got three extra shadows if they wanted the entire collection, but what do I know? I have no idea :) 
Bulletproof comes in a little hard case. It's just plastic, but it's relatively sturdy.

Bulletproof really works better with a primer. I probably could have done without this one, as black shadow is pretty much just black shadow, and I'm sure I have a ton of them.. I just really wanted it to see if it was amazing as everyone says! I would go with no, to be honest.. Like I said, black shadow is easy to come by.

I love these shadows and I'm glad I spent the money on them.They're gorgeous and perfect for doing insane, bright looks, which I love to do but usually I don't since I have a hard time finding ones I like. I've done a couple of cool looks with this so far, so keep on the look out for EOTD :)

3 comments:

  1. The white powder is named Tako, not taco. It's not referring to mexican food. Tako in Japanese means octopus, so it could be in relation to the white fleshy color of cooked octopus. Just so you know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. comprei igual!!!! estou ansiosa para chegar!

    Beijos!!!

    http://beautybynath.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grottesca - the more you know! I was referring to Taco as in, the slang term for vagina.. everytime I use that eyeshadow that's all I think of haha! That's why I made the comment at least it's not the pink..

    Beauty by Nath - I had to use Google Translate because I am an uncultured fuck, but the shadows are gorgeous and worth the wait!!

    ReplyDelete