Directly after Sephora's Friends and Family Sale, Urban Decay had the same sale.. Called it Friends and Family, gave everyone 20% off. I made a very minimal Sephora F&F purchase, so I figured this was a sign to get the stuff I really wanted but didn't think I needed at the moment and I definitely took it.
It came heavily packaged, which I appreciate.. there's nothing worse than getting a package you've been expecting and everything is broken on the inside :(
I grabbed the 15th Anniversary palette, the Marshmallow body glitter, another bottle of All Nighter spray and they gave me a sample of a lip gloss.
As you can see, there is shimmer EVERYWHERE. It's all over the other products, as you'll see later. The shimmer came in a plastic tub that had a sticker over the holes on top.. I'm unsure how everything got a light dusting of glitter.
This is supposed to smell like marshmallows. I sparkled myself up and asked a few people for a sniff test - everyone said it smelt sweet. When I said marshmallows, they were like 'well I can see it but you don't get that right off the bat.' so it's mostly just a really sweet smelling shimmer, which is totally fine with me!
It's also supposed to taste sweet, although I didn't taste anything when I tried it out.
It's not quite as glittery as I had hoped. I have a MAC Iridescent Powder from like, ten or twelve years ago that's intense with the shimmer. I had hoped it would be more like that but I still like it! The pros of smelling and tasting good are enough for me to chose this one over that one, or maybe layer them both..
Just a regular old bottle of All Nighter Setting Spray. I love this stuff! I use it literally every day. I'm down to the last fourth of my bottle, so I figured I'd buy another one while I could get it on sale.
This was my big purchase. I was so excited! I went back and forth on this or the new Book of Shadows - or both! - but after extensively looking at swatches I decided that this was the better choice. I've also bought all the other 15th anniversary stuff.. the eyeliners, the bag, and now this. I had heard that Urban Decay was putting out four products total for their 15th anniversary, but it's already November and we've only gotten three products... We'll see what they whip up for Christmas :)
Be on the lookout for swatches :)
The last thing I got was a deluxe sample of their Lip Junkie lip gloss in Wallflower. Now a few months ago a friend of mine ordered from Urban Decay and got this sample but just enough for one use - and I absolutely HATED the color. The smell was weird too. It's super gooey and sticky but I like that kind of stuff :)
I don't have a lip swatch, as I swatched this and promptly lost it.. Sorry!
Anyways, like I said rather small but good stuff. With the sale, I essentially got the body powder free :) which is super awesome because I think I've been mulling that powder over for around a year now.. crazy! I'm glad I got it, even if it's not quite as shimmery as I originally thought!
What do you guys think? Swatches of the palette to come soon!














That shimmer is so gorgeous! Can't wait to see the swatches of the palette. I feel like it's been ages since I've seen a post from you!!!
ReplyDelete