My Shiro Cosmetics haul came in!
Again, I checked the mail on the way out and didn't want to wait before I tore into this box and looked at all the stuff that I got. I wrapped it back up as nice as I could while nearly sneezing myself into an early death so I could show you how it came.
I made my order on. the 14th of February and finally got around to checking the mail around the 24th and it was there. :) I don't know if that's a long time for the continental US but that's pretty darn good for Alaska.
I would like to say right off the bat that Caitlin might be the most patient lady in the world. I made a relatively good order - I ordered 35 eyeshadows and a couple of the intertubes. The problem is that I only paid for 30 eyeshadows but sent her 35 names. I had already become quite attached to all of my colors and couldn't bare the thought of weeding five of them out so I just paid for an extra five colors. Except I thought I paid but really I didn't and just left her hanging for another day. After I paid for the last bit of colors she graciously gave me a full 20% off the whole thing :) I made the original order on the 9th and didn't get everything worked out on my end until the 14th. Like I said she's possibly the most patient shop owner I've ever dealt with in my life, dealing with my sporadic messages and apparently not paying the full amount twice!
I made my order on. the 14th of February and finally got around to checking the mail around the 24th and it was there. :) I don't know if that's a long time for the continental US but that's pretty darn good for Alaska.
I would like to say right off the bat that Caitlin might be the most patient lady in the world. I made a relatively good order - I ordered 35 eyeshadows and a couple of the intertubes. The problem is that I only paid for 30 eyeshadows but sent her 35 names. I had already become quite attached to all of my colors and couldn't bare the thought of weeding five of them out so I just paid for an extra five colors. Except I thought I paid but really I didn't and just left her hanging for another day. After I paid for the last bit of colors she graciously gave me a full 20% off the whole thing :) I made the original order on the 9th and didn't get everything worked out on my end until the 14th. Like I said she's possibly the most patient shop owner I've ever dealt with in my life, dealing with my sporadic messages and apparently not paying the full amount twice!
Anyways. A few months ago my wonderful boyfriend bought me the Alice in Wonderland palette from UD. We had talked about making our own makeup palette out of a Pokemon theme. I did some research on mixing my own eyeshadows but honestly it was a lot of work that I really didn't want to do, so I did some research on pressing eyeshadows and decided that was much easier and for me. So I ordered a ton of Shiro Cosmetics so I could just press her eyeshadows into my Pokemon palette. :) My boyfriend won't get off his high horse - keeps saying that I should have created my own colors - but to be quite honest, it's a task that is much too time consuming to me and I'd rather buy makeup from a great company and press them into my palette. It's not like I'm reselling them or anything, I'm making only one for my own use, so who really cares (besides my boyfriend?)
I will definitely take pictures throughout the process of making this palette (we haven't even started yet!) and do a blog post when that bad boy is finished. Or maybe I'll do updates as we make it since I'm sure we won't do it all at once.
This is the box it came in the mail in. You know how much I love it when a company only uses the size box that's needed instead of shipping a huge box with a lot of fluff inside. To be honest though, I wasn't sure I got all my products because the box is so small! That's totally not the case, Caitlin is just a master packer is all. :)
It came wrapped nicely (I re-wrapped this, it was nicer when she did it!) in tissue paper with an invoice.
All my eyeshadows and intertubes as well as some samples and delicious chocolates came bagged in this cute little Valentine's Day themed bag, closed with a heart sticker.
I keep saying that I don't buy for packaging but.. COME ON! LOOK! POKEBALL STICKERS! My brain just about EXPLODED. I love it SO MUCH!
First I'll go over the intertubes.
I got two. I got 'Longcat' and 'Leeroy Jenkins.' I got Leeroy Jenkins to go over my Lime Crime Airborne Unicorne lipstick, as a nice purple that would keep my lips moisturized. I read on another review that Longcat had some sparkle in it and decided I had to have it.
Leeroy Jenkins I hadn't touched yet, I'd already used Longcat a few times.
Leeroy Jenkins on the left, Longcat on the right.
I read somewhere that someone got a 'bad' intertube, and I'm not really sure if that's what happened to me. Leeroy Jenkins goes on really smooth and smells amazing - while Longcat smells amazing, it's really chunky. It kind of 'melts' once it's on my lips into a shimmery, glittery, pepperminty mess. When I say mess I do NOT mean it in a bad way - the more sticky, glittery, shimmery I can get it the better! I'm just not sure if that was the original intent of the intertube. I haven't contacted Caitlin because I'm into both of these products, and enjoy how Longcat goes on. Also they're very moisturizing and kept any chapped lips at bay. They didn't really have a taste.
Now it's time for the intense amount of eyeshadow swatches I have. Like I said I ordered 35 colors and Caitlin gave me a sample of four colors as well as one intertube color.. which I think I might have to have.
I love these eyeshadows. I've already incorporated some of them into my daily use. They're very pigmented and actually are super duper soft. I haven't noticed any fallout, but I don't notice fallout with UD shadows either, so I don't know if I'm the best person to judge that. The best way I can describe their texture is they're a really creamy powder, if that makes sense. They smooth right onto your skin and are easy to blend. In short, I love them.
Did I MENTION HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS PACKAGING?
Each one came with a sifter top, which I personally love. I hate it when they don't have sifters and the product gets everywhere and it gets dumped and messy and it sucks. I have to say I really loved the little tabby - it seems like a small gesture but only about half of my eyeshadows had a tabby and it was incredibly aggravating to try and pull the sticker off the sifter top without scratching the plastic if there was no tabby. I got to the point where I almost was like SCREW IT and just poked holes in sticker! But I didn't.
I swatched all of these on bare skin so you could see the true pigmentation. For the most part, I agree with the description that came off of Etsy, found here. I just put the descriptions from the websites down below.
I separated them out by Pokemon eyeshadows, then the Legends eyeshadows. Pokemon has been a long standing favorite thing in my life since I was a little kid so I was super excited for them. To be honest, I've never played a single Zelda game, so while the colors are beautiful I don't understand the name references.
Acid: Vivid, opaque, shimmery yellow-green with golden undertones and just a touch of darker green eye-safe glitter.
Bulbasaur: Bright, opaque, shimmering grassy green with a hint of a gold undertone.
Chamander: Soft yet bright shimmery orange, like a candle's flame, with yellow undertones and just a hint of gold.
Clefairy: Super-sparkly purple-toned pink.
Dunsparce: Pale shimmery yellow with blue sparkles.
Gengar: Dark purple-black with red eye-safe glitter.
Golem: Rich, opaque brown with strong silver-gray shimmer.
Gyarados: (YES I know I spelled it wrong in the swatch.. Oops!): Vivid opaque blue with a shimmery white undertone.
Hyper Beam: Sparkly opaque black, absolutely loaded with silver eye-safe glitter.
Jigglypuff: Pale, delicate, shimmery purple-pink.
Meowth: Shimmering cream with coppery shimmer.
Mew: Cheerful, bright strawberry-bubblegum pink with a slight peachy-yellow tone.
Mewtwo: Sheer, shimmery, medium purple with blue tones.
Moltres: Orange-toned red with gold eye-safe glitter.
Pikachu: Vivid, opaque, shimmering yellow with eye-safe red glitter sparks. Chuu!
Poliwrath: Deep, opaque, sparkly navy blue with a bit of an orange shimmer.
Porygon: Vivid, opaque magenta.
Rapidash: Ultra-pale creamy tangerine, loaded with red eye-safe glitter.
Rattata: Vivid, intense, opaque bright purple with shimmery blue undertones.
S.S. Anne: Lovely, shimmery, subtle yet rich champagne with a peachy-copper tinge.
Shaymin: Delicate pinky-peach with subtle teal shimmer and sparkle.
Spinarak: Pale, muted lime green.
Spiritomb: Medium purple with bold green shimmer and eye-safe lime glitter.
Squirtle: Bright, clear, shimmery blue.
Zubat: Dusky, shimmery, semi-sheer blue with a violet tinge.
Zubat has a bomb description. I love it, so I'm re-posting it. :) So funny and SO DAMN TRUE.
"I hate Zubat. You're just trying to make your way through the crazy-long cave, and your Pokemon are at half-health and poisoned, and you still have a couple more trainers to go but the exit is almost in sight, and you know you can make it! But then a wild Zubat appears and uses Supersonic and you can't escape and AUGH I HATE YOU ZUBAT."
"I hate Zubat. You're just trying to make your way through the crazy-long cave, and your Pokemon are at half-health and poisoned, and you still have a couple more trainers to go but the exit is almost in sight, and you know you can make it! But then a wild Zubat appears and uses Supersonic and you can't escape and AUGH I HATE YOU ZUBAT."
Here are the Legend's Collection swatches.
Epona: Soft velvety brown with a misty cream overlay.Farore's Wind: Light blue-toned green with silver shimmer.
Ganondorf: Velvety black with strong dark red shimmer.
Master Sword: Super-glittery pale taupe - a blend of silver and gold, with bright silver sparks.
Midna: Shimmery medium gray packed with bold aqua sparks.
Puzzle Cube: Sheer white with bright sparks of yellow, red, and blue. Very much a "glitter bomb."
Ricky: Yellow-toned orange with a near-matte finish.
Small Key: Dark, metallic copper-bronze with silver sparkle.
Temple of Time: Cool shimmery silver-gray, with subtle cappuccino glitter.
Triforce: This one didn't have a description, I actually couldn't find an individual jar on her website at the time I wrote this post up. I personally described it as a gold with yellow sparkles.
Here are the swatches from the samples Caitlin sent me.
Deku: Bold copper absolutely loaded with green sparks.Link: Dark, blue-toned forest green with light shimmer.
Nayru's Love: Soft periwinkle with light shimmer.
Octorok: Rusty orange-red with a near-matte finish.My absolute favorites from here are Master Sword, Puzzle Cube, Gyarados, Pikachu and Rapidash. I absolutely love that every single one of these are shimmery and glittery. There are a few that are kind of matte but overall they're still pretty shimmery. IT'S SO WONDERFUL. I feel like it's not real eyeshadow unless it's full of shimmer. Unless it's red. Then it needs to be matte in my book, for some reason.
Overall I would definitely order from Shiro Cosmetics again. Like I said before, I plan to press her eyeshadows into Pokemon palette that I build. I'm thinking that I need to try some more of these intertubes, as they're absolutely amazing!
















Great swatches! That is some super cute packaging!
ReplyDelete