Followers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sinful Colors: Irish Green & Green Ocean

I found these nail polishes at my local Fred Meyers a few days before Saint Patrick's Day. They were actually on a Saint Patrick's Day advertisement to be worn together. They were $2 each and I fell in love with the colors and decided I needed to have them.

Like I said, I've been on a crazy nail polish rampage lately!



I have to say, these are not my favorite nail polishes. I have another Sinful Colors nail polish in a pink that dries completely matte. If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's matte nail polish. I thought this one was going to dry the same way but it didn't, it's shiny. But the color is incredibly transparent and hard to work with.


Up close, trying to get a picture of the beautiful-looking glitter. I have to admit that this is an absolutely beautiful nail polish in the bottle.



I work overnights and had some free time before work. I was watching The Game on BET (love that show!) and painting my nails. Over the course of two hours, I put on four layers of Irish Green and one layer of Green Ocean. This was a complete nightmare. The color layers on really thin and transparent, and while it felt dry apparently 20 minutes between each coat was not enough. Who has two hours to put on nail polish (besides this girl?) I think that's incredibly ridiculous. 

I left the glitter off the ring finger so you can see the real color of Irish Green.



After I finally got all the layers on, the really chunky glitter that looked like a great idea from outside the bottle started to almost float on top of Irish Green. I could smooth it down for a while, but eventually it would pop back up. I grabbed for a makeup brush nearly two hours AFTER I'd finished the application of the last coat and my entire middle finger of my right hand nail slid off in one, thick, plasticy-feeling coat. I didn't have time to do anything about it since I was on my way out the door (also I was really angry I spent so much time on it and it slid right off my nail) so I've been walking around with it like that for days. 

Three days later, I needed it off. It looked beautiful from afar but up close Green Ocean is really more of a teal and clashed with Irish Green. Also there were huge, almost sliver-like pieces of glitter that had sunk all the way to the bottom of Irish Green and I could see clear through to my real nail.

I took it off while at work. I had bought some store-brand nail polish remover pads while on lunch and went through three of them trying to get this stuff off my fingers. Now these pads are no joke - they are tough pieces of felt absolutely dripping in product, and they were just barely tough enough to get this crap off my fingers. 

I can honestly say that I will never use this Green Ocean again. It was awful trying to scrub it off my fingers. I might give Irish Green a go, I just won't take nearly as much time on it and will have to accept that it's going to be relatively transparent. I don't know if I'll be buying Sinful Colors anymore, as I've had three of their nail polishes now that I wasn't that thrilled with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment