Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cor Cosmetics Haul

Last weekend I went to the Spring Fling in Anchorage for women. Every year we have something called The Women's Show and it's pretty much a BUNCH of vendors selling awesome things to ladies. I LOVE IT THERE. I can spend all day there. I usually save and take about $200 and buy mostly makeup and silly things you only find at places like that. 

There is one shop that I buy at religiously every year - she's only three places I go, the Women's show, the state fair, and now the Spring Fling. She's a jam lady. I LOVE HER LADY OF THE LAKE LAKE JAM. It's delicious. I've literally been buying from her since I can remember. Every. Single. Year. She recognizes me. It's super funny.. she's like a hippie lady, super nice! 

Anyways. Talk about off track. I'm really excited for my next pb&j!
As promised, I stopped at my Cor Cosmetics table. They were doing a free gift with purchase of $75 or more which turned out to be a button with a mirror on the back to make a 'compact.' Not anything fancy, but still something nonetheless :) I didn't spend $75 but she gave all of us buttons anyways :)



The packaging is simple. Almost MAC-like, but a bit smaller. 


The back shows the name of the eyeshadow and everything it's made out of, which is good for people looking for vegan-free or things they're allergic to. 


I got three colors: Empire, Steatlh and Frenchie.


I also picked up some 'creme eyeshadow' which they put out there as gel liner but I also love as an eyeshadow base. 

 I swatched them all at once.. On the left is the 'creme eyeshadow'/gel liner. The middle row is swatches of the eye shadows over that gel liner. The row on the right is the eye shadows without a base at all. I personally prefer using UDPP as a base but I think that I would use that gel liner under Empire as it really brings out a gold shift in it that's amazing. Under Stealth it looks like it just made it more reflective, whereas under Frenchie it just darkened the color. 


Lily on top, Icicle on bottom
The two lip glosses I got were Lily and Icicle. I really love the colors but the consistency is the stickiest I've ever had in my entire life. It's about double as sticky as MAC's lip glasses. It's intense! I normally love me some sticky but this is really pushing the boundaries. 

I got Lily mostly because I thought it was going to be a good dupe for MAC's Nymphette, which is like my favorite lip gloss ever!


In the tubes they look almost identical..


I added Nymphette on top of Lily. As you can tell they're not that similar once swatched. Nympette has a lot more glitter sparkle on it whereas Lily is more of a nice, shimmery pink. Both are beautiful and I love them, but I still prefer Nymphette, mostly because the Cor Cosmetics lip gloss is almost too sticky for me. 

Overall I'm in love with the products I got. I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot more of their eye shadows. They're really pigmented!

If anyone is interested, you can buy their products online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment