Followers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Lipstick Challege Day 1

I recently saw a '7 Day Lipstick Challenge' on Will Work For Makeup's blog and thought it would be a good idea :) She's just so cute! I love everything she does.

I think she took seven lipsticks she doesn't wear often and wore them a week in a row, finding different eye looks to go with each lipstick.
I decided to morph mine a little and just do all the lipsticks that I've bought but haven't worn yet. I'm also not doing them all in a week - I love my new lipsticks, but sometimes I get really self-conscious and I don't want my lips to be the star of the day. I'm really a neutrals kind of girl on the inside even though I really do love bright, bold colors. I mean really, who looks bad in neutrals? I always find myself gravitating towards browns, taupes, and blacks when I'm buying new shadows.

Anyways here's my first day of bright lipsticks. I've worn this lipstick once before the very day that I got it in the mail and I haven't worn it since. I love it, it's gorgeous!


It's Lime Crime's Countessa Fluorescent. It's like, the brightest pink lipstick I've ever seen. 


I generally don't like wearing matte lipsticks, so I paired it with a shimmery, equally as bright, pretty transparent gloss from mark. cosmetics. It's the Glow Baby Glow in Petal Luxe. I found as the day went on though that I like wearing this lipstick minus the lip gloss. I'm not sure if it's the weird smell I can't place or the texture, but I prefer having this lipstick alone.


As you can see from the swatches, the lip gloss takes that color to a whole new level of neon. I absolutely love it. :)


Still can't find my camera. :( HTC Desire camera will have to do for now.

The last time on these for me is about four hours through eating and drinking. The color had stained my lips where I had eaten it off, so it was still pretty bright. 

I paired it with my everyday eye. This is literally the makeup I wear everyday without fail. I know the picture is hard to see, but if anyone wants to know...

Eyes:
UD Primer Potion
UD Sin all over lid
UD Sidecar in crease
UD Virgin as highlight & inner corner, along bottom lash line 
Cor Cosmetics 'creme shadow' (I use it as gel liner) in Magnetite (I also swap it out for Black Cherry)
UD Skyscraper Mascara on top lashes
Clinque Bottom Lash Mascara on bottom lashes

I just realized like, my entire eye is UD but that's because I love my Naked Palette!
On my cheeks I have MACs Peachykeen
I don't fill in my brows because I just don't have the face shape for strong brows :)

Anyways I'm thinking of doing something like 'Bright Lipstick Thursdays' or something like that.. Just one specified day a week that I wear really bright lipstick. I'm doing this lipstick challenge but after that maybe.. what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment