Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

UD Alice in Wonderland Swatches

My wonderful boyfriend bought me this palette when we first started dating - about six months ago. He got it off eBay and I don't even want to know what he paid for it since it wasn't available anymore through Urban Decay. He knew that I'm totally in love with Alice in Wonderland (I watched it at least once a day there for a few months) and makeup so he was super sweet and bought it :) I know it earned him a TON of brownie points but I'm pretty positive he bought it because he's sweet (deep, deep on the inside) and not because he thought it was going to get him any action (it totally did anyways.)


The inside of this palette is amazing :) It's Alice when she first steps into Wonderland. I tried to take a clear, close up pictures of Absolem and the 'drink me' bottle, but my HTC Desire camera refused to focus >:|

The bottom drawer pulls out, just like the rest of the Book of Shadows, and that's where the eyeshadow/eyeliner/primer potions are stored.

 It comes with two sample size 24/7 liners - Flipside and Zero.




I used my mark. cosmetics primer for swatches on this one. I haven't ever used this primer before so this was the perfect time to check consistency and how well it made the colors come up.

Time for swatches :)

I just realized that I spelt Vorapal wrong.. whoops! :)

All of these shades are re-releases, none of them are LE for this palette. I didn't mind because I didn't have a lot of these colors, but now that I have more Urban Decay I wouldn't have minded seeing a few new ones. That's alright, I still am absolutely thrilled by this palette, six months later :)
Underland = Flash
Alice = Painkiller
Oraculum = Baked
Queen = Last Call
Chessur = Chopper
White Rabbit = Polyester Bride
Wonderland = Maui Wowie
Curioser = Grifter
Muchness = X
Mushroom = Mushroom
Midnight Tea Party = Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
Vorapal = S&M
Absolem = Homegrown
Drink Me, Eat Me = Sin
Mad Hatter = Twice Baked
Jabberwocky = Oil Slick

As you can see, most of the colors don't need a primer underneath to bring out the true color. That's fucking amazing. There are a few that get a little brighter or darker with primer, but overall I would still say use a primer just to increase wear time. As you can see, I got a little skeptical of the mark. primer and when I got to Mushroom I swatched it with both UDPP and mark., then alone. Apparently the mark. primer is just fine because UDPP and mark. had the exact same shade. Good to know!

I use Underland, Alice, White Rabbit, Mushroom, Vorapal and Mad Hatter on a regular basis. Like at least twice a week I use a mixture of these shadows. They make a badass smokey eye!

One I hadn't even looked at twice was Muchness. It looks so plain and boring in the pan, but swatched it's absolutely beautiful. It's hard to see it in the picture but it's this beautiful light pink with a gold shift in it that makes me excited! I'm actually going to make a look with it this very second :)

Anyways, as if I haven't said it enough, I really love this palette and as so lucky to have been given it as a gift. Once again, I swatched these on my off-time at work.

As for the primer, I probably won't use it for my face. It was really oily and I didn't like how it felt on my fingers or the back of my hand. I'll use it for swatching since it seems to be alright for that, but definitely not on my eyes.

It took me three of these bad boys throughout my swatching to get all the color off properly. I have glitter covering all of my clothes, especially my thighs where I continually tried to wipe the glitter off that these towelettes missed. I don't think it was the towelette's fault - these colors are seriously glittery. I love it though!

1 comment:

  1. ooh very gorgeous colours! Thanks for the swatches :D

    ReplyDelete