I did the second day of my Lipstick Challenge a few days ago. I figured I would just post them on Thursdays and start a "Bold Lipstick Thursday" type of idea. I don't know if I'll be able to make it every single Thursday but I sure will try :) For now my Bold Lipstick Thursday will be my Lipstick Challenge, where I use all of my lipsticks I haven't worn yet. I think I have six more to go..
Today was nude. I have never in my life worn a nude lip. I've got like, four nude lipsticks but never have I worn a nude lip. I feel like I look really awful with nude lips. I would rather wear bright ass purple lipstick than nude.. Today I really stepped out of my comfort zone as far as I could possibly go with it.. and it didn't turn out too bad!
I used Fire Alarm by Hard Candy and Gaga 2 from MAC's Viva Glam.
Here are swatches. Fire Alarm alone on top, Gaga 2 alone in the middle, Gaga 2 over Fire Alarm on bottom.
I feel like Fire Alarm was pink enough to keep the Gaga 2 from completely washing me out.
I did the normal, 'smokey eye' (mine is daytime wearable for work) with my nude lip. I know, I know.. that's pretty unoriginal, but I was already a little flakey over the nude lip so I wasn't going to push myself anymore with giving myself some out-of-the-box eyes.
By the way - those are my natural lashes :) I've got my UD Skyscraper Mascara on. Now you see why I refuse to use anything else? Also, please excuse the disgusting, going-on-forever eyebrow. What the fuck is that? I can't even see those hairs in a mirror. Ew! I'll work on it.
For the eyes I used my UD Naked Palette. I used Sidecar all over the lid, then some Darkhorse in the corner and a little into the crease. I used a bit of Naked and Buck in the crease as well. I used Virgin as a highlight under my brow and in the inner corner. I used a little more Darkhorse in the outer lower lash line and some Sidecar in the middle lower lash line. I put UD's Zero 24/7 Liner a little in the lower lashes about 3/4 the way in and on the waterline. I used UD's Skyscraper Mascara on top lashes and Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara in Brown on the bottom.
Of course, I used MAC's Peachykeen mixed with a little bit of Hard Candy's Living Doll for blush, MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft n' Gentle as a highlight. I maybe, not for sure, possibly used a little of Nars Laguna for contouring on my cheeks.. can't remember though.
Here are some really shitty full face shots:
I know they're horrible but I just don't photograph well! Anyways there's day two. I didn't reapply the lipstick at all throughout the day, just kept putting on the Gaga 2 over and over. Overall it wasn't a bad day but I can still safely say that the nude lip is my least favorite thing to wear, ever.







No comments:
Post a Comment