Followers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Survey #1

Hi guys! I still can't find my camera :( I want to show you my goodies that I got from COR Cosmetics this week and share my weekend with you but I can't find it anywhere! For now, I can share my weekend and a survey with you. 
This was my first weekend off in about eight months. My schedule got moved around at work and I now work nights Monday-Friday. I kind of got thrown into a new group of friends with my new job/boyfriend and I didn't realize that everyone had the weekends off but me! In celebration of me being able to go to the bar and never having gone before as well as having the weekend off, everyone decided to go in. Also one of my friends was having surgery on Monday so we decided to have a little fun before he'd be out of commission for a few weeks. 

Saturday night we went and stayed in Anchorage and rented two hotel rooms. I wish we had a camera! There ended up being seven of us. The girls went in early and went to the Spring Fling women's trade show type thing and went shopping and had dinner. We went to the hotel room and got ready and then waited for the boys to drive in from Wasilla. Once everyone was there we took a shuttle to downtown and bar hopped :) I saw a ton of people that I knew! I used to live in Anchorage so it was really fun to see so many people I haven't seen in years. 

Luckily I didn't drink too much but just enough to have a lot of fun. I tried a bunch of different drinks and we ended our night at The Kodiak, a gay-friendly bar. It was amazing! So much dancing. I got hit on a fair amount and it definitely boosted my confidence. I can officially mark 'dirty-dance-with-a-lesbian-that-looks-like-a-man' off my bucket list :) 

My boyfriend didn't make the drive in since he had to work on Sunday so I ended up getting a whole bed to myself. :) Sunday afternoon we all went out for breakfast and then drove back into Wasilla. It was so gorgeous out I ended up taking 4/6 of our foster kids to the park for an hour. It was sunny and warm and I just read my book and sat in the sun while the kids played.

Overall it was a wonderful weekend. I was bummed to go back to work on Monday. Hopefully this weekend will be super nice and I can go do some outside things. I also want to get a start on my new makeup storage ideas and need to clear my makeup out still! 

Onto my survey :)

How many times do you wash your face daily?
Honestly, not even once a day. If I don’t wear makeup that day I don’t wash my face except for in the shower. If I do wear makeup I TRY to take it off at night with a wipe but sometimes I don’t do it and then I just take it off in the morning.

What skin type do you have?
I used to think I had combination skin but I’m pretty sure I just have dry skin overall.

What is your current facial wash?
Umm.. I have no idea
J I use the St. Ives one for exfoliating and then I use the mark. Cosmetics wipes for now even though I hate them to finish them off.. On a regular day I use the Neutrogena Deep Clean stuff I think?

Do you exfoliate?
whenever I see dry patches.

What brand do you use?
the St. Ives apricot one
J

What moisturizer do you use?
I use a Neutrogena one as soon as I get out of the shower and then I use the MAC one right before I put my makeup on.

Do you have freckles?
I have ‘angel kisses.’ They’re brown instead of red.. Personally I’m not a fan but hello – that’s what foundation is for!

Do you use eye cream?
No.. I need to start! I don’t want wrinkles
L

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I actually never ever had acne until I got into my 20s. Then again, I’ve been on the same kind of birth control since I was 14 and then swapped up to the Nuvaring last year sometime, which is when all this ugly acne business started. It’s pretty well rounded off now but if I forget to wash my face I can definitely tell a few days later.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No.. My face is really, really sensitive and I tried it at my friend’s house once and it totally burned my skin then broke me out.
L

What foundation do you use?
I use the MAC Studio Fluid one, I think. I’m really horrible with names! If I was at the store I could point it out, but I hardly ever remember names of stuff.

How about concealer?
Ummmm… the MAC studio one?
J I don’t know! It’s in a little jar and I love it!

Do you know your undertone color?
I personally think it’s a bit yellow.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I really, really want to use them but am really really awful at putting them on. Everytime I buy a pair of lashes to practice with I royally fuck it up and then decide I’m done because I get really irritated. I bought individual lashes a few months ago and that was a complete disaster. I think I have an issue making them look natural.. I know they aren’t so it just sticks out to me. I prefer not to wear them, but would like to get better at applying them.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes. Do I do it? No. I don’t let anyone else use my mascara and I am not a professional makeup artist, so I don’t really care. I use my mascara until it’s gone. So screw you, makeup rules! I’ve never had an infection. I also stay away from my makeup when I’m sick so.. Until that happens, I’m going to keep using my mascara until it’s all gone.

What brand of mascara do you use?
JUST ONE. URBAN DECAY’S SKYSCRAPER MASCARA. I love it. I refuse to use anything else.

Sephora or MAC?
That’s sooo hard. I guess it depends. Is everything free? MAC. If I have to pick a place to shop at for the rest of my life but I still have to pay for everything, Sephora.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No
L I probably wouldn’t use it if I did, though.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes and cotton swabs and most importantly, my fingers!

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Everyday! Even if I’m not using it to keep my colors on for a long time I find that it brightens the colors up. I’m using Urban Decay Primer Potion right now and then after those are all used up (I have like, four mini ones! Haha yay palettes!) I’m going to try to use my Bare Escentuals and then the mark. cosmetics one I have.

For the face?
Again, everyday. I love my Stila One-Step primer
J

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Right now I’m digging my Naked Palette by Urban Decay. I have an everyday eye that’s incredibly easy for me to slap on but I still feel like I look polished. I really do enjoy color though.. I love putting Alice, Wonderland, Mushroom and Mad Hatter together with White Rabbit as a highlight. (Those are from the Alice in Wonderland palette but I can’t remember the real names for them!)

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I hate liquid liner. It’s the devil. I have pencil liner but I’m really digging gel liner right now.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never ever.. it’s always with mascara. And then I cryyyyyy like a baby, hahahahaha! Not like, actual crying.. but that weird eye crying you get.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
Personally I prefer pressed eyeshadows. It’s just less messy.. The colors they have in pigments are usually absolutely beautiful, though.

Do you use mineral makeup?
I have before when I didn’t have any acne and I loved it. It covered up weird little discolorations or anything I had on my skin, but I found that it took wayyyy to long to put on if I had acne and usually didn’t give me the coverage I wanted.

What is your favorite lipstick?
Shoot.. I don’t use lipstick. I guess I would have to say all my Lime Crime lipsticks
J They’re sooo wonderful.

How about lipgloss?
I’m really loving my MAC Nymphette lipgloss.

What is your favorite blush to use?
MAC’s Peachykeen J I don’t know if it’s because it’s my most recent purchase or I’ve totally and completely jumped on the coral spring trend, but I really love it.

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
My mom bought my Naked Palette as well as my Skyscraper mascara online because they were sold out online at Urban Decay AND at Sephora and I was fiending for it hard.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Not as much lately. I don’t know if I turned into a snob or what but I just don’t think it’s that great. I can’t get the pigmentation or lasting wear that I want out of them anymore.

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
If I had any in my area I absolutely would.. But I don’t
L

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes. But again, I would have to fly down to the states to do that. Kind of a bummer but if I’m going to be serious about makeup I most definitely will.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yes. Absolutely. I’m still having issues with getting my gel liner even on both eyes and I poke myself in the eye with my mascara at least once a week!

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Dark eye makeup and red lips. Soooo tacky and clownish.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I love colorful shades, but I like to test it out before I wear it out anywhere. Neutral eyes are nice because I feel very confident in them and don’t feel like I need to test it to make sure it looks nice before I slap it on.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Sheesh I have noooo idea.. I tend to look at beauty bloggers more than celebrities.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
MASCARA.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes. I’m actually at work right now with no makeup on. I’m not severely under confident about my face, I don’t think it’s that bad. It photographs really shitty but it looks alright in person
J

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Ummm, I think I look normal, not necessarily good. There are times when I put makeup on and I’m like I AM ONE HOT MAMA MAN! And then I take it off and I’m like oh, I belong with everyone else now haha. There are other times where I feel like I need to put makeup on to feel up to par to the rest of the ladies around.. it just depends on my mindset of that day.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Umm, I have different ideas about brands. MAC overall is the best, but for eye shadows I’m really in love with Urban Decay.

What do you think of Makeup?
I absolutely love makeup. It makes me happy. Even if I’m having a really shitty, horrible day I have about a half hour where my day is nice because I’m putting on makeup. I put The Game from BET on in the background, or put on some good jams and have fun. Depending on how much time I have depends on whether or not I research what I want to do or just start throwing colors on my face. I’ve really branched out with makeup lately even though I’ve been wearing my Naked Palette religiously.


Please feel free to leave a link to your 40 Beauty Questions & Answers post in comments!! I'd love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment