I went to Sally's the other day, and here's all the goodies I picked up:
I didn't have anything in particular in mind going there, I just haven't been there in a while. I have two blonde streaks on either side of my head that are really grown out I'm thinking of re-doing, and wanted to poke around their hair stuff for a minute. I haven't a clue how to go about doing this quite yet but I think I'll be able to figure it out. I ended up hovering around the nail stuff quite a bit but didn't see anything in the makeup that really sparked my interest. I know my swatches are weird - I have acrylic nails on right now and am totally not taking them off as I love them - so I swatched everything on tape on my arm, ghetto style :)
Beauty Secrets Top Coat. I have a Sally Hansen Base & Top Coat but I was in the mood to try another one, as I've never tried any others before. I saw they had Seche Vite but I couldn't bring myself to do it - the warning about how it contains a product that's 'recognized by the state of Calfornia' as known to cause birth defects scares me away from it. I noticed they actually sold it at my local Target too. I'm glad that I didn't pick any up before I heard this because that's super scary! I tried to take a picture of the label but once more - I'm using my HTC Desire camera still and it's not the most fab. I don't have a swatch of this.
Beauty Secrets Top Coat. I have a Sally Hansen Base & Top Coat but I was in the mood to try another one, as I've never tried any others before. I saw they had Seche Vite but I couldn't bring myself to do it - the warning about how it contains a product that's 'recognized by the state of Calfornia' as known to cause birth defects scares me away from it. I noticed they actually sold it at my local Target too. I'm glad that I didn't pick any up before I heard this because that's super scary! I tried to take a picture of the label but once more - I'm using my HTC Desire camera still and it's not the most fab. I don't have a swatch of this.
China Glaze in Fairy Dust. Glitter polish is definitely my downfall, and this almost matches my current nails :) This color is absolutely beautiful. It's a transparent grey base with every color sparkle there ever was. I can see red, yellow, blue, purple and green just right off the bat. it's GORGEOUS!
China Glaze in For Audrey. I've been looking for this color forever. When I went and got my nails done I was actually looking for this color for my toes (not sure it's a great toe color but I was going to give it a shot) and couldn't find it at my nail shop. I've heard this described as 'Tiffany's Blue' and I have to say that I am in love with Tiffany's, so I'm totally glad I found this :D
Here's a swatch of it. China Glaze For Audrey on top, China Glaze Fairy Dust in the middle, then Fairy Dust over For Audrey on bottom.
China Glaze Crackle in Crushed Candy and Cracked Concrete. Definitely my favorite buy of the day.. shoot, favorite buy of the month! I'm so excited about these. After seeing swatches I'm determined to find the other four colors by China Glaze.
Sally's Girl Nail Polishes in 314 (pink sparkle), 315(yellow sparkle) and 327(blue sparkle.) These colors don't have names but they're completely adorable. They were $0.99 a piece so I wanted all three colors. I recently saw a post on Kayla Shevonne's blog and was hoping these would be something like that.. they totally aren't. The thing is I'm really in love with glitter topcoats so it doesn't even matter anyways :)
Top Row: Sally Girl 314, China Glaze Rose Among Thorns, 314 over Rose Among Thorns.
Middle Row: Sally's Girl 315, China Glaze Sun Worshiper, 315 over Sun Worshiper.
Bottom Row: Sally's Girl 327, China Glaze For Audrey, 327 over For Audrey.
Sally's Girl Glitter in Gleaming Green and Glitter Glue. This green caught my eye while I was standing at the check out and I managed to find the one and only glitter glue I've ever seen in my local Sally's. This green is WONDERFUL. I'm totally going to wear it to the next rave, now that I have proper glitter glue :)
Mod Lash Accents in 301 and 305, Mod Lash Adhesive for Strip Eyelashes. I originally only grabbed 301 because I've never used accents before and have a hell of a time getting regular lashes on.. Once I do they look terrible anyways, so I thought I'd try the accents. When I got to checkout she said that there was a buy two get one free on all Andrea products so I picked up 305 and the lash glue since I wasn't sure I had any at home. I'm excited to try these out! 301 looks more natural and 305 looks like it'll be great for a little added drama.
These were a free gift for getting a Sally's card. Courtney and I signed up for one and I took the key tag while she took the card. Our wonderful Sally's girl said it was fine so we did that.. Courtney promised to forward me the e-mails :) haha! I saw these products for sale on an endcap but recently bought some good looking shampoo and conditioner off of Hautelook (review to come once they come in!) so I decided to skip it. My hair is uber dry and I've been looking for some good moisturizing products (right now I use Paul Mitchell shampoo, Neutrogena Deep Conditioning Daily Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Leave in Conditioner and when I'm straightening my hair I use a heat protector and Moroccan Oil. I'm almost out of Moroccan Oil so I've been using it sparingly - that shit's expensive!) so I'm excited to give these a whirl in case they're awesome. I'm interested in the curl cream since I do have half of a perm on my head.. Maybe I can force them into some sort of cool beachy wave with this stuff.
Anyways that's my haul. My total came out to be $36.11. The nail polish and the lashes were buy two get one free. Swatches/reviews of everything to come soon! :)















No comments:
Post a Comment