Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Haul! Sephora, Kevyn Aucoin, MAC

I was so excited checking the mail today. Three packages! Three! I'm really impressed with Sephora - I made an order on the 12th and it got here on the 17th. That's pretty damn fast for Alaska standards. It got here the same time as my Kevyn Aucoin lipgloss from Hautelook and MAC's Ever Hip from Nordstrom came in. This post is EXTREMELY picture heavy.

The thing is that I came home with all my packages around dinnertime so all the ladies and my family and I gathered around as I opened and showed them everything I'd gotten, so I didn't get to take pictures of it all coming out of the box. Next time, I promise!


I ordered this from Hautelook on 4/27 and it shipped on 5/10.  I bought Kevyn's book called "Making Faces" and really like it. I had actually been on the lookout for a blue shimmer lipgloss when I came across this bad boy.
It's just got a regular doefoot applicator. It doesn't show up very well on my hand, so as you can guess it doesn't show up very well on my lips either. I happen to like the natural color of my lips so I don't mind, but this really is just a hint of blue shimmer. Definitely not over the top.

Next I was SUPER EXCITED to get my MAC package. :) I feel like I've been waiting forever, although it's been about three weeks. There was no fancy packaging for Fashion Flower, which has it's pros and cons. It's nice to have all your lipsticks matching but at the same time I've seen some totally adorable packaging by MAC.
It's a beautiful orangey-coral for spring. I love it! I'm glad I was able to snag it. I'll post pictures of the lip gelees over the top of Ever Hip soon.

I'm not going to lie - I'm a sucker for NARS packaging. It's beautiful and I've heard a lot of amazing things about their products and love what I have so far. I ended up snagging both Wonder and Super Orgasm lipglosses - Wonder because I saw the swatches online and fell in love and Super Orgasm because I'm enamored with the idea of owning all of the Orgasm-Super Orgasm things that NARS puts out. I know that's a ton of money, but if I pick up a piece here and there it won't be too horrible.
I love that NARS adds this little extra bit of packaging to keep the product safe. When you open up the box another little black box falls out and you open it up to find your product. I guess it doesn't matter too much on the lipglosses, but I'm sure it helps the eyeshadows and blushes.
These also just have regular, doefoot applicators.
Super Orgasm is a wonderful everyday color, while Wonder is a fabulous orange. I'm unsure why my camera didn't pick up just how orange it was, but I'm in love with it.

While I was making an order I figured I might as well pick up Albatross, a highlighter I've been dying to try. I love my MAC Soft n' Gentle MSF - don't get me wrong here - I just would like to have an array of highlighters in different colors. This is a very white/golden highlight.
On top is sheered out, on bottom is heavily packed on. I'm thinking this would make a wonderful under the eyebrow highlight as well. I'm already in love :) Although I didn't expect any less.

I lost all my primer potions. I don't know what happened to them. And while I don't mind the Bare Escentuals primer, I really liked the Urban Decay Primer Potion, so I ordered a full size one. Then I cleared out my makeup stash and found all of my mini primer potions, haha! That's alright - I'll keep this bad boy for when they're all gone. I feel like this one is humongous compared to the minis!!

Another boring purchase - some Rosebud Salve. I heard that this was amazing on lips and whoever said it wasn't wrong. The tin is also huge! I didn't expect it to be so big.. it's about the size of my palm. And let me tell you - this smells AMAZING. Sooo delicious. And despite it having that beautiful red color, it goes on clear. Kind of a bummer, but when I read the back it said it was for dry skin in general, so it makes sense. Since it's clear I didn't even swatch it.

This item was sneaky. I was checking out and at the bottom it had a little bottle of polish and I don't even remember what the ad said but it caught my attention with the color. I've been on the hunt to find a really deep green - like an old tattoo color - and this was the closest I've come so far. I ordered it straight away because I couldn't pass it up! I'm not sorry I did either :) 'Caught with my Khaki's Down' is a legit army green color. Not what I was looking for but close, and I love it... the formulation is amazing. It's a little thin but the color was completely opaque in two coats. There is no top coat in these pictures - it's just that shiny. It also dried really fast. I painted one had at work and immediately had to answer phones and type and it didn't make any digs at all. :)
I don't know what those swirlies were but I couldn't shake them out no matter how hard I tried!
I know it's messy, but I was at work with no nail polish remover.

Recently while browsing the OCC website I came across a nail polish color called 'Tattoo' that is EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. I have a feeling I came across it before and didn't quite remember and have just kind of latched onto the idea of it, but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. I haven't ever ordered from OCC and there isn't anywhere in Alaska to buy it from so I'll definitely be ordering it when I get around to making one.

I believe a trio of Stila's eyeshadows were the first eyeshadows that I ever really learned how to put on correctly. I was 12 and my mom and I were on vacation and she took me to a beautiful department store and a lady sat me down and we picked out some beautiful neutral colors, three of them, and she taught me how to put them on. I used every single last dust particle of those three eyeshadows. I think I've claimed that I never hit pan on an eyeshadow here before but I didn't remember my Stila eyeshadows. I wish I remembered what they were, but I only remember Heather was one of them. I've been doing a little digging around on Stila since I remembered this and decided I wanted to try Kitten. It looked close to UD's Sin on swatches online and I LOVE that color - wear it nearly every day - so I figured I would give it a shot. I didn't want just that color though, so I ordered a couple of palettes.

This one is called the It Girl Eye Shadow Palette #2. It had Kitten and two other pretty eye shadows so I figured if all else failed, at least it had Kitten. This comes with Eve - Kitten - Americano, in that order from left to right. Kitten and Americano are both shimmery, while Eve is very matte.

The other palette I got was the Artist's Inspiration Palette. I got this because it had Kitten and two bright colors. The green really drew me to it. Also it was cheaper because the eye shadows are smaller so I was okay with that too.
On the palette it says 'practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. -anonymous' I thought that was a nice thought, but I don't really know what the fuck senseless beauty means.

Alright. Now for the reason I made the order in the first place. I had heard of the Too Faced Eye Love beautyinsider palette that Sephora was putting as the 500 point perk out. I had 500 points so I've been checking every few days to see if it was an option for me and it finally became one :) I've never tried a Too Faced product before but I've messed with them a bit at Sephoras in person and liked them. I've also heard nothing but good thing about this palette so I was excited to try it.
It came with a tiny version of the Too Faced Shadow Insurance so I'm excited to try that too :) I plan on doing a 'primer battle' - where I take all the eye primers I have and try them out against one another and see who lasts the longest. I have like six or seven so it's going to take a few days of me testing to see what works best!

I've heard a lot about Benefit blushes so when I saw this for the 100 point perk I was super stoked. Coralista is the one I actually wanted to try the most so when I saw that it was Coralista that was the perk I decided to blow all my beauty points and get both perks.

Now. Let me show you what the picture showed that I was getting.

A full size Benefit Coralista. Let me show you what came in the mail.

This thing is tiny. I was disappointed to say the least. More like WHAT THE FUCK pissed but once I opened it up I figured that I probably wouldn't use that much blush anyways so it was okay. I don't know what else I would have used my points on so it's whatever, I guess.

One thing I was surprised about is the smell. It smells WONDERFUL. A little floral, but I can't pick it all out. It's also really soft and almost creamy, so that's a plus. It took a bit to get an accurate color picture.
The second is the closest to the color I could get.
The top is sheered out, the bottom is heavily packed on. Even packed on it wasn't that dark, so that's good since I tend to be really heavy handed with my blush.

Now I have two products that need a palette (The Stila eyeshadow from Birchbox and the Coralista blush.) I think I heard a Z Palette calling my name in the near future :)

Overall I was super excited about these products. At this point, everything I was waiting for has come in except for the jewelry by Adia Kibur, which hasn't shipped yet.

I love Sephora. I wish we had one in Alaska. For a while we had that little Sephora vending machine but it was quickly replaced with a Proactiv one.. bummer! It had lots of good stuff in there, but it's all so expensive so I hadn't gotten anything out of it before it was replaced. 

Swatches of the eyeshadows to come soon :)

Do you guys prefer long, picture heavy posts like this or would you prefer I break it down into a couple of posts?

2 comments:

  1. I soooo want the Too Faced palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have swatches of it coming up :) Maybe you can get it in a swap of some sort? I need to get on Makeup Alley and see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete