I recently made an order from Hautelook (surprise!) and from Nordstrom and it finally came in the mail!
Of course, if you read my post on Mother's Day you'd know that not all of my MAC stuff came in from Nordstrom. :( More on that later. Still isn't here yet, though, or I would have included it.
First up: my favorite purchase, from Hautelook :)
I was SO EXCITED for this one. The second I saw it I fell in love with it.
It came in this really nice little bag. I'm not a fan of the earrings on the back, but whatever.
I live in Alaska, so something about the fishbone necklace hit home for me. I was in love with how simple and pretty it is, yet it's very original. Not something you often see on a necklace, or jewelry in general.
I know these two are blurry, but I wanted to show you how it laid on the skin.
The latch and bead is a lot heavier than the fishbone part, so it often turns into a choker.. which is actually still really cute, and then I can see it if I'm wearing a sweater. :)
I haven't taken it off once since I got it. It's small enough that I can sleep and shower in it without noticing. I guess I should have taken a look at what it's made up of before I showered in it.. Online it says it's plated with 18K gold.
Online at the Blee Inara website it retails for $22.50. I got mine for $15. Not that much of a savings, but it paid for my shipping :) I was messing around on the website and saw the exact same thing but instead of a fishbone it was a peace sign.. I feel myself weakening! Oh no!
Kind of a ridiculously big box for just a few lip gelees and some samples...
I ordered a few things from the MAC Fashion Flower collection. I ordered from Nordstrom on the suggestion of www.temptalia.com. She said that MAC was out of Ever Hip but Nordstrom still had it in stock. I ordered on the day that the collection came out, the 28th of April. I ordered Ever Hip and two lip gelees, Budding Beauty and Fashion Flower.
I have to say, I thought that I was going to LOVE the shimmer in Fashion Flower. However, I do not. It looks really frosty on the lips and it's really easy to overdo. I did fall in LOVE with Budding Beauty though. It has the least amount of shimmer of the three lip gelees that came out and the most color. I think it'll look beautiful layered over Ever Hip.. IF ONLY I COULD SHOW YOU. One day I guess...
Nordstrom gave me some free samples. I am in LOVE with Juicy fragrances, so I'm sure I'll use all of that little sample up. The Prada I'll give away and the lotion/tinted moisturizer I'll give a shot, just to see.
This was Gilligan on swatchin' day :) He's such a little pooper sometimes. He's my pekingese baby.. uhh, Mr. Kitty story anyone??
Anyways I'm really hoping to get my Ever Hip lipstick soon. I haven't heard anything from Nordstrom and they were nice enough to send me several e-mails everytime something changed (order confirmation, that they had my products, that they were shipping some and not others, confirmation they delivered it..) so I have a feeling I'll know when Ever Hip ships. Although if it randomly shows up at my doorstep I would not be sad.. :)
At Nordstrom right this very moment Ever Hip isn't even an option to order. At the MAC website it's SOLD OUT. I should stop bitching and be happy that they allowed me to order it. I really hope they don't refund my money and never send the lipstick :( I would rather wait a very long time (read: a month or two) and get it eventually then never get it at all.
I haven't been sectioning out my mail posts by twos, it just so happens that everything has come in twos so far :)
What did you guys get from the Fashion Flower collection?
















Gilligan is too cute! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't plan on getting anything from the collection, so nothing! :(
I'm super, super excited for the Semi-Precious collection to come out! I wish they'd release pictures already.
ReplyDeleteDid you not get anything because it just didn't spark your interest?