Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lipstick Collection: Flirt!, Revlon

When I re-organized my makeup I realized just how much lipstick I have. Way more than I thought I did. So I decided there was no way that I needed all of said lipstick, and decided to go through it and swatch it all. We'll see which ones I decide to keep and throws away. I feel like there's a reason why I bought all of them but lipstick just isn't really my thing. Eventually I want to go through my blushes and lip glosses, too.


My really random collection..

First up: Flirt! lipstick in Perfect, number 22.. or is it Chickstick? A quick Google search lead me to their website, where Chickstick is a kind of lipstick and Perfect is the shade.
I remember buying this lipstick and thinking it was a SUPER bright pink. I'm not sure what I was thinking..
No lip swatch, for some reason. I think that I'll keep this one around. The color is rather nice and I don't think I have anything else like it. (We'll see!) It was really creamy, non staining, and retails for $12 on the website. I'm not sure how much I got it for, but know that I got it at Khol's.

Next up: Revlon

I only have four Revlon lipsticks. I swore I also had Fabulous Fig but I have a feeling that got stolen by tiny children. Bummer, since it was such a nice color. But I like the ones that I have..



All of these are swatched on bare lips. No primer, no liner.

Please, don't pay attention to my skin. I had NO other makeup on. Obviously, a mistake haha.
Nude Attitude

Cherries in the Snow

Wink for Pink

Siren

I really actually like all of them. I wasn't expecting that. I really, really love Wink for Pink. It's a great everyday shade, and have a feeling I'll be reaching for it more often. I feel like I have no faith in my makeup collection, haha.

Although I love Nude Attitude's formulation and color, I don't think it's right for my skin tone. I'll have to wear it out once or twice to get a good feel for it, though.

I decided to just swatch and post these when I had time, not all at once. There isn't any rhyme or reason to how I'm doing it - Just whatever ones I grab and swatch at the time. I want to keep all the brands in the same post.

What do you guys think? Good idea or should I scrap the project all together? I'm still going to swatch and decide which I'm keeping and tossing, but I'm not sure if it's something you guys are interested in seeing.

4 comments:

  1. Cherries in the Snow is so pretty!

    I say good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's good, since I have four or five more posts already done waiting to be posted :) thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look at Siren when I'm at the store, but end up putting it back. After seeing your swatches I think i'll buy it next time :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I'm glad I could help! I've found that swatches on hands look nothing like swatches on lips, so it's hard to decide if you're going to buy something if you can only find hand swatches..

    ReplyDelete