Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I'm Waiting On...

I've been checking the mailbox like a madwoman. I should know better, especially since I have tracking numbers to tell me what is and isn't waiting for me, but I just can't help it!

Getting stuff in the mail is like, my favorite thing ever. I think it's much more fun to get it in the mail then it is to go to the store and buy it. The thing is that it sucks to wait and also, you can't test it out beforehand if you're buying it online. That's why it's nice to go in person.. to try stuff on and swatch it. Otherwise I'd just order everything online! So much easier. Then you don't have to get dressed and look at least halfway decent so all the other girls at the mall aren't giving you THE LOOK.. you know.. 'what is that girl doing here? she's all naaasty.. did she even take a shower? I bet she's the one that made the fitting room smell that way.' You know when it's a hot day and the fitting room smells awful? I hate that :( it's like that at Forever 21 no matter when I go there though... Gross.

Anyways! So off topic! I've been doing a lot of online shopping lately. Too much. I've gotten some of the things I ordered and I've either posted or got a post in the works as to what I've received - but I'm still waiting for a lot of stuff.

I have to say that I have a sickness. It's my addiction to buying off of Hautelook. I love that website. It's my favorite! I love to go there and just browse around, even if I don't buy anything. I haven't made that many orders on there since I signed up, but I think I've made the majority of them in the past like, two weeks haha. I'm waiting for like.. three packages from Hautelook and one from Nordstroms.

I ordered this from Hautelook on 4/27/11 and it shipped on 5/5/11.The last time I checked my package was in Kentucky.. bummer. Gonna be a while :(

My hair is super, super dry and dead and I've been trying to revive it but it just isn't working. I've been using Paul Mitchell shampoo, some sort of Neutrogena Daily Deep Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Leave In Conditioner, and sometimes the Neutrogena Split End Mender. SO. DRY. STILL. I have layer after layer of color as well as two 'highlights' that have been bleached a few times and a perm about halfway off my head. I stopped blowdrying but still flat iron half the time and I'm just really not doing myself any favors here.. So I decided to get a new shampoo/conditioner routine. It's from E.V.A. The Hair Revolution.

From the website: "Studies demonstrate Shampoo containing Keravis delivers up to 7 times the strengthening and anti-breakage benefits compared to other shampoos. The Unbreakable Hair Shampoo gives hair renewed vitality and strength leaving hair healthy, soft and smooth."

I figured that it would probably be alright! I had originally planned on buying the shampoo that JLovesMAC1 from youtube recommends but this was on super sale and I got it instead. They had smaller sizes of the shampoo and conditioner but the thing is this was a sale and I knew that I would buy it and love it and then have to pay full price for the regular stuff. I figured this way even if it's not any better then what I'm currently using it certainly can't be any worse and no harm done. Hopefully it smells nice..

1L Shampoo - bought for $18, normally $38
IL Conditioner - bought for $18, normally $38
Hydration Cream - bought for $8, normally $24
As you can see, I did end up saving quite a bit of money. I'll keep you updated on how it's treating my hair.

The second thing I bought from Hautelook I bought at the same day as the hair stuff, 4/27/11 but it hasn't shipped yet. It's the Kevyn Aucoin Cyber Lip in Alurabliss. 



Yes.. it is blue. BUT! It looks more like a transparent blue shimmer than a flat out blue lip gloss. And if it is a flat out blue lip gloss at least I'll have it to add to my collection :) I don't have any blue lip product at all. I saw this and immediately fell in love with it. 

I can't find how much it retails for real but on Amazon it goes for $27. I bought mine for $9.45. What a steal! If it's not shitty, that is. If it's super shitty that'll be a bummer since I could have picked up a few drugstore lip glosses or saved up and gotten one from MAC or something. We'll see!!
The last thing I ordered from Hautelook I ordered.... today. I KNOW. BAD ME. I went to the site with the intention of looking around and FELL IN LOVE with some jewelry. The expected ship date is the last week of May. It's from the brand ADIA KIBUR.

This is the first thing that caught my eye, but it wasn't enough for me to make an order. It's simply called 'Carved Rose Ring.' They only had size 8 and I'm pretty sure that my ring finger on my left size is a perfect 7.5 so I'm hoping I can either wear it on my right hand ring finger or my middle finger on either hand. I personally am not a fan of people wearing rings on the finger that their wedding ring is supposed to go on - I don't know why, it's just not for me. I tried to go to the website but it was really weird so the prices are from Hautelook. I got this bad boy for $9 when it's normally $17.50. I would never buy this ring for $17.50 but $9 I can part with.

The second item is the one that decided to make me make an order. I absolutely FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. It's me in bracelet form. It's called the 'Braided Chain and Neon Cord.' For real, I love it. If I spied it in a mall I MIGHT have paid full price for it. Definitely not online, but possibly if I was in person. I got it for $26 but it retails for $52.50. I know, right? Intense. That's a TON of money. But really, I knew I would be thinking about this if I didn't cough it up and buy it.


This last item is another one I knew if I didn't buy it I would be sorry. I played around with the idea of not buying it for a long time because it was still really expensive even on sale. But after taking a look at all the detailing I knew that the hippie inside of me was dying for this necklace.

I screenshotted what the detailing looked like on the necklace. I LOVE all the little charms. This necklace is also me in necklace form. It's gigantic and loud and takes up all the space so there can be no other necklaces. It demands that you base an understated outfit around it so it can be the center of attention. It's layers almost don't match - it's got a layer of gems that hang gold charms off of it, while it's got some random beading and other colored chains mixed in. It's really eclectic and on first look, doesn't seem to match very well but once you really look at it, it's absolutely wonderful. You almost would be going over the top if you wore any other jewelry than non-hanging earrings and maybe a simple bracelet.

It retails for $77 but I got it for $38.50. Still really expensive, but I'm really really in love with it. There were quite a few other pieces that I would have LOVED to have but none as much as these three. I've been really interested in collecting massive amounts of really diverse jewelry lately and I'm running out of space to put them! I think that ADIA KIBUR is my new favorite jewelry place. I hope they start selling more on Hautelook! It's too expensive to buy outright but with the proper discount it's managable.

The last thing I'm waiting for I ordered through Nordstorm on the suggestion of temptalia.com. Apparently it was a mistake. The MAC website was out of Ever Hip but Nordstrom was not - so I ordered the very popular Ever Hip lipstick and two lip gelees. I'll show them when I get my lipstick, if I ever get it!
image taken from allurabeauty.com
It's a beautiful pink color perfect for spring. I'd like to get it so I can wear it before spring is over... I ordered on 4/28/11 and the lip gelees shipped on 4/29/11. I went to the Nordstrom website and they don't even offer Ever Hip as a choice to buy online anymore. Ever Hip is sold out at the MAC website. I guess I should be glad that I at least got an order in, so eventually one will come. Unless they refund my money and don't give me the product, which would be super lame.

That's it! That's all I'm waiting for. I need to stop buying makeup but I know that when the Semi-Precious collection comes out for MAC in July it will all be over.

Maybe I should go on a 'project no-buy' until that collection comes out... If the collection is what I think it is I know I'm going to want a TON OF STUFF. In my head I have everything being super shimmery and beautiful with lots of shimmer and/or glitter. And I love me some shimmer and glitter. I have a feeling I'll pick up at least one of the MSF and all of the lip glosses. We'll see though!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hun... Did you like the Unbreakable Hair Keravis Shampoo? It looks like its not retailing any longer. Only for discount :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete