Followers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shopping Haul: Nordstrom, JC Pennys, Wet Seal

 I failed to call HSN today. If they aren't open tomorrow, I'll call Monday. I was up for 23 hours (got up at 8am to go shopping Friday - worked from 4pm-1am, then went to a bonfire from 1am-6am before finally getting home and  hitting my bed at 7am. So much fun!) and once I got home I passed out until about 3pm. Yay for not working weekends! Anyways..

My mom and I don't get to see one another much with my work schedule and me being off with friends a lot of the time. She graciously lets me store stuff & live in her house rent free for the one-two days a week that I'm actually home, hahaha..

So yesterday we went shopping in Anchorage. We left at 10am and went into the 5th Avenue Mall before I had to work. There were a few things I was on the lookout for and I got them. The rest I just happened to pick up because I loved it :)

Our first stop was Nordstroms. It's one of my favorite stores and I could live there :)
First of all, I really needed a cream colored cardigan or wrap of some sort for a wedding I have to go to in June. I've got my dress and shoes lined up but I wasn't sure if it was going to be appropriate to wear a dress that shows my arms, so I needed to pick something up just in case. I found the answer at Nordstroms.
It's just a simple half cardigan type idea.
I got a couple little pieces of jewelry. I'm really into the chain bracelet thing lately and I saw this and picked it up. I also got another really tiny gem earring set because while I love big funky earrings, I can't sleep in them and I don't wear them everyday. These ones I can stick in for everyday use and I can sleep in them.. I tend to go weeks without wearing earrings so this is a good compromise.

I put my foot in my mouth with this purchase. My mom has been talking about how the over the shoulder, sling bags are back in because they're easy and stuff. Also she was looking for a good one that's nice and small for going to the bar, going to the fair, shopping.. places where you don't need a huge bag with you. I love my huge bag and having everything I could ever want with me so I've been very against the idea. I also wasn't a fan of the across the body thing. I saw this and fell in love with the color - pictured it's a dark red, but in real life it's a screaming coraly-red color. She conned me into it because I didn't think even if I wanted to wear one later I would find one this cute. I took it home, transferred just the essentials, and took it to the bonfire. PERFECT. I'm in love with it. It's a perfect size for my taser, phone, camera, a few cards (ID, money card, insurance card,) lipgloss and a few more small objects I might need, like sunglasses or gum. I love it!!!

Another thing that was on my list of 'need to buy' was sunglasses. I had a few pairs but they've all managed to disappear. I don't know what I did with them.. I wouldn't normally think to go to Nordstroms for sunglasses but they were $10 at the Brass Plum (I think that's the name? the junior department) so I snagged them. They're very Gaga-esque when they're on.

This jacket was purchase of the day. I would put everything else back for this jacket. It's a Northface. I haven't had one in so long! I'm in love with it. It's just thin, but thicker than a windbreaker. It's tight but just big enough to be able to put a sweater on under it if I want. I'M ENAMORED WITH IT. It was rather expensive for a jacket not expensive at all for a Northface - $79. They also had it in pink and black. The best way I can describe this is 'zebra camo.' I think it's the Penelope Black & White Coral.. weird name, right?

We hit JC Penny next. I had already gotten everything I needed (sunglasses, sweater for wedding, earrings) and more, so at this point I was mostly just looking for cute, cheap clothing and maybe a dress to wear to the bachelorette party and birthday party I have coming up. I was not opposed to finding two dresses for this occasion. 

I spotted this and new I had to have it. I'm actually wearing it today. I was willing to pay full price ($22) but luckily it was half off :) EVEN BETTER!

I have one of these sweaters already in blue and white stripes, I picked it up last time I went to JC Penny. I debated between grey, coral, and blue & white stripes and ended up picking the latter last time. When I saw this on a sale rack I knew it was supposed to be for me! It's called 'Hoodie Buddy.' It's got earphones in the tassle things that hang off the hood that make it adjustable :)
It's perfect for secretly listening to my iPod at work. While for the most part having your laptop or a DS out is alright, they really frown upon you having earphones in in case you don't hear the phone ring. With this I can slip my headset on and still listen to music in one ear, so I can hear the phone ring and pause my music on the sly.

This isn't something I'd normally show but THEY'RE JUST SO CUTE. JC Penny was having super sales - one of them being buy five for $25 of 'Flirtastic' undies. I picked these up in every color they had in my size..which are not pictured here. Just the ones I grabbed out of the bag. 
These are by no means skanky but I love that they've got a cute kick to them with the neon colors and the cut up sides.

The last place we stopped was Wet Seal. They have cute jeans there and even though their clothes are rather cheaply made and fall apart quickly, they're still damn cute for the most part. They do sell some ugly shit in there but you just have to pick through it to find the good ones.
Upon entering the store I saw they had a rack of mesh, neon colored tank tops. I immediately snagged the orange one. SO CUTE! This is great for going to the pool (we don't have beaches here. :() to the lake, or even over another tank top at the bar.

I found a bikini I fell in love with. It's a muted coral, like a melon color. I don't even have anywhere to wear a bikini to but I knew I needed this one for the next time I needed one.

Lastlly I picked up a couple of dresses. It was buy one get one for 1cent, so I grabbed two that would be perfect to wear to work WHEN IT WARMS UP A LITTLE.

That was it for my shopping haul. I didn't pick up EVERYTHING that I really want/need - I NEED a cell phone case (all the shops around here only have one or two for the HTC Desire or don't sell them at all - what the fuck?) and I want a new dress or two for those parties. We also tried to go to the Urban Vibe store in the 5th Ave mall, which is the only place in Alaska that sold NYX products. Well, they closed. SUPER. We have a few Purfumeanias but they don't sell NYX.. so shit. We also were going to hit Khol's on the way out but we left at 2:30pm and I had to be at work at 4pm and it's about a 45 minute drive.. I still had to drop my mom off at home and pick up all my work stuff so we played it safe and headed home.

I'm hoping to get into Anchorage again in the next few weeks and try to see if I can find one or two nice dresses. I've been on the Forever 21 website scouting it out and even if they don't have the exact ones I'm looking for they usually have super cute clothing anyways.

Have you guys gone shopping and picked up a bunch of random crap that you don't need lately? I didn't need a good portion of the stuff I got - but I really, really love it :)

I just wanted to announce that we went to the makeup department and didn't buy ANYTHING. I even stopped by MAC and didn't pick anything up! I was looking to see if the Surf Baby collection had come out yet - I couldn't rememeber. I love the Hibiscus lipsitck & Strange Potion lipgloss, but it's not out yet (at least here.. I think the 27th?) so no go for me. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the chain bracelet!

    I can't believe you went to the makeup department & didn't buy anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still rather shocked that I didn't buy anything either! I'm relatively happy with my collection overall.. there's always room for cheaper products but when I don't NEED anything I feel bad spending $25 for a blush!

    ReplyDelete