Followers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Too Faced Eye Love Sephora Beauty Insider 500 Point Perk

My weekend was crazy! I did a whole lot of running around with my mom, which is always fun. My mom and I have always been close and lately I haven't been home much so it was fun to spend so much time with her. Saturday we ran to Lowe's and she got wood to make a headboard for her bed and I got natural light lamps with a gift card I had to there (long story short I was once engaged and we were buying a house - that all fell through and I am no longer engaged, but happened to get all the gift cards that we were given as presents over the course of our relationship in 'the divorce'.. that's what my friends and I call the break up :) no I'm not ACTUALLY divorced, I was never married. Anyways. That's a story for another day.) We went to Joanns and got fake leather to make our headboards with and browsed the buttons.. I picked up some face paints for some stuff I want to try (more on that later too) and some gemmies as well as some sequins I can glue to my face for fun rave looks :) We also went to the furniture store and I found this jewelry box I fell IN LOVE with and decided to use for my new makeup storage. Sunday I spent most of the day putting together the lamps (they were actually kind of confusing and I was immediately filled with a sense of I-AM-WOMAN! I NEED NO MAN! when I got both lamps to work :) so silly I know) and reorganizing my makeup. I tend to get really stressed out when I'm trying to organize stuff that I don't have enough room for and that's exactly what happened - halfway through I pooped out and decided I was done for the day, napped until my boyfriend got off work and then escaped to his house. I'm avoiding my room now because I know what waits for me. :|

Once everything is all neat and presentable I'll show you how it's all set up. What did you guys do for your weekend?

Anyways, I got this from Sephora :) I wanted this palette so I waited and waited until it came onto my 500 point perk list. I heard it was a lot like UD's Naked Palette, which I'm in love with, and wanted to check it out. The swatches I saw online were quite a bit different and they are here in person too. But I feel like one can never have enough neutrals so I was happy to add it to my collection, especially since it was technically free.

It came with a mini Too Faced Shadow Insurance. And I mean MINI. Here it is versus a full size Urban Decay Primer Potion.
I plan on doing a primer battle. More on this later.

It came with two sets of instructions on how to do four quick eye looks with these colors. One set in English, attached to the palette and one set in French that came as a little card :)

It came with eight colors, two from each of their newer palettes. I've never tried Too Faced eye shadows before so I thought this would be a good learning experience. Like a Virgin is possibly the softest eye shadow I've ever felt. I mean that in when I was swatching, not like it was crumbly to the touch but it went on really soft. Honeymoon and Push Up were similar in texture to Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy.. They were also really soft, but a little crumbly as well. Heaven was actually rather hard. It took me a long time to get enough eyeshadow on my finger to get it to swatch correctly. I'm hoping it's different when used with a brush.

Time for swatches! Of course, primer was mark. cosmetics primer.

My favorite so far is Satin Sheets. I'm in love with shimmery, light champagne colors. It would be great as an all over color or as a highlight for a darker eye. The only one I think I'll have trouble using is Honeymoon. It's just not a color I generally reach for, so it'll take me a bit of work to figure out how I want to use it.

I was trying to wait until I did a FOTD with this palette to post it but I just haven't had time to mess with the product before doing a real face of the day with it. I think that I'll have a lot more time to deal with makeup now but we'll see how it goes.

Has anyone else picked these up? I haven't tried the eye suggestions yet, but has anyone else? Do they work?  Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Too Faced isn't stocked very well here :( So glad I subscribes; you're so funny! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeymoon looks gorgeous!

    Some of them do look a little sheer though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lorraine: That's very nice of you :) I like Too Faced enough but if you have stuff like Urban Decay or Nars or MAC available I wouldn't cry over not getting Too Faced.. it's formula is basically Urban Decay if you ask me.

    @Gracie: I'm glad you like it :) Maybe you have a creative idea of how to wear it?

    @Vintage: Hopefully once I play around with them a bit they'll be more opaque. Maybe the primer was to blame?

    It seems like everyone loves Honeymoon - not just based off comments but overall bloggerdome in general. The best thing description I can come up with is 'Antique Money.'

    ReplyDelete