Followers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Urban Decay Fishnet Dupe?

After looking at the Wet n Wild Trio in I'm Feeling Retro, I noticed that both the 'eyelid' shade and Urban Decay's Fishnet looked like they might be the same kind of thing.
I couldn't get them in the same picture.. so two pictures you get :)

Time for swatches. The top is the Wet n Wild shade, the bottom is the Urban Decay shade. I didn't use any kind of primer. There are a few swatches not labelled because I figured the first picture was good enough :) Since they're both a little duo-chromy and I'm still getting used to this lighting I wanted to show you it from different angles so you would see just how alike they are!

Obviously, the Urban Decay went on a lot smoother and took less product to get the opacity you see here, but overall I think it's pretty great they got such a close color match! Things like this make me wonder if Wet n Wild sat down and was like 'we need to make a dupe for this specific color' or if they were messing around and it just kind of came out that way. The Urban Decay is also a little more opaque than the Wet n Wild but again - for someone looking for a cheaper alternative this would be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Woah those look incredibly similar! Great dupe hun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great comparison! I was actually wondering if they were dupes, since I already have that Urban Decay palette and I didn't want to get the WnW trio for the other two colors!

    ReplyDelete