Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stila Artist's Inspiration Palette

I really wanted to try Stila's Kitten but I didn't want to buy just that eyeshadow. While I was digging around Sephora I stumbled across this palette and snapped it up. I love that it's a mixture of bright colors and neutral colors, because it seems like every other day I'm changing my mind on what I feel like wearing.

I picked it up at Sephora for $15, which isn't bad for six eye shadows! They are quite a bit smaller than normal Stila shadows - each one of these is 0.39oz, while a regular eyeshadow is 0.9oz.

The top came a little scratched but I don't care. Some people might get really neurotic about it but I'm not one of those people.

Here, compared to NARS Albatross.

Time for swatches! Primer = mark. cosmetics primer

Dapple is a really interesting color. It reminds me of a baby MAC Blue/Brown pigment. It's a light shimmery brown with almost a tiny, tiny shift of blue. 

The green and pink are what drew me to this palette. It's kind of cool that the pink can double as a cheek color. I'm very set in my makeup ways - I don't use lipstick on my cheeks, I don't use chapstick to adhere glitter to my eyes.. I'm a makeup rule follower. The most I've ever done is used an eyeshadow as an eyeliner. So unless it says it can be used for more than one thing, I generally don't use it for anything other than what I bought it for. What can I say? I love having a million and a half products each for their individual purpose.

I don't know what's up lately but I've been feeling the smokey eye. Like full out, dark with fake lashes smokey eye. I want to wear it all the time. I have so many beautiful smokey eye colors that I'm really excited to use. That black is going to be absolutely perfect. I can already see it working well to darken up corners for daytime smokey eyes and being the most rich, dark black eyeliner setting powder when it's time to get serious and go full on smokey eye. The only issue is that then when I wear a smokey eye to a special occasion it will just look like I'm wearing my regular makeup.. I want to look like I dressed up for a special occasion, so I've been holding off on the smokey eyes.

The colors were soft and shimmery but I didn't notice any fallout. The pigmentation was great, what I expect for more expensive eye shadow. I think this palette is going to be perfect for travel. It houses great neutrals for daytime and smokey eyes, then some bright colors for fun looks here and there. 

Does anyone else have this palette, or thinking about getting it? Any suggestions on how to wear specific colors?

3 comments:

  1. Ohh yay you got my two fave Stila shades!

    I love pairing Kitten & Golightly together. :)

    Great swatches, I was thinking about getting this palette months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vintage - do you have any suggestions of how to wear them together? it seems pretty simple but you might have some amazing idea stored away..

    @Gracie - I actually really like it! I need to do some FOTDs with it..

    ReplyDelete