Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

EOTD: Jazziebabycakes Minty Fresh

I was cruising around on YouTube and stumbled across this. Mint, needless to say, is my favorite color of the moment.. just like everyone else! So I figured I would give this a shot. 

Again, it's not the exact same because I don't have any Inglot products but I used things that I thought were similar or what I wanted to have a little more practice with. It looks really amateurishness-messy in these pictures - like you can see everything I did wrong. However, in person it looks like I did it on purpose.. so we'll go with that :)

Let's get right into it.

Here's what I used, in order:
UDPP
UD 24/7 Liner in Corrupt as a base on my eyelid, smudged out
UD's Mushroom blended out in crease
UD's Twice Baked blended out in crease
UD's X blended out in crease, above Mushroom & Twice Baked
MAC's Blue Brown pigment on the lids, used with MAC Fix+
UD's X and Polyester Bride mixed together for highlight along brow bone and in inner corner
UD's Twice Baked along lower lash line
UD's Zero eye shadow in outer corner
UD's 24/7 Liner in Zero along lower lash line & in waterline
L.A. Girl's Fine Line liquid liner along upper lashes
UD's Skyscraper Mascara on upper lashes
Clinique's Lower Lash Mascara on lower lashes

This one was a bit more complicated and of course, I didn't do everything she did but overall I really like it. Like I said, I'm really into the smokey eye lately so it's really fun to find some darker  looks to satisfy the need for smokey eyes inside me!

I'm also really glad I'm totally over the 'I HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME PRODUCTS OR DUPES FOR THEM!' phase. Like now I see something and I'm like 'hey, I kind of have something sorta like it that I'm going to use in it's place, and make the look my own.' I follow the general guidelines of their tutorial and I try to use some of the same products if I have them but overall, I'm not afraid to change the products out or use different colors if I'm going for something new. I think that it's normal for everyone who starts out with makeup to feel like they won't be able to do it right if they don't have the EXACT same stuff, though. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! It really makes your eyes pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I really love the pigment it's just super hard to work with..

    ReplyDelete