When I was swatching lip colors I thought 'wow, this Great Pink Planet looks a lot like the Viva Glam Gaga 1!' The Lime Crime one is actually more expensive than the MAC lipstick, as Lime Crime runs at about $16 when MAC runs around $14. I don't think that Gaga is available anymore now that she has the second shade out though I figured those who are really fiending for the color could always try out this Great Pink Planet.
Here is when I started to realize they aren't the dupes I thought they were.
Swatch time! Once swatched I realized that to most beauty bloggers, these are no where near a good dupe. But there are those who aren't too into makeup looking for a light, bubblegum pink who will be like 'eh, they're about the same color, just what I was looking for' or maybe they'll be like 'aww I was hoping for a dupe of this lipstick, obviously that's not it, need to keep looking.' Either way, I figured it'll help :) I know there have been times when I wanted comparisons of really random stuff and was surprised when I saw someone had a blog post about it.
So once they were laid out I was like well, that's not going to work. Gaga is more transparent than Great Pink Planet. It's also a creamsheen so it's shiney whereas Great Pink Planet is matte. Great Pink Planet is more of a blue-toned pink, which is probably why it makes your teeth look whiter.. Gaga is a really warm light pink and tends to make my teeth look yellow, which is super hard on the confidence haha.
To be quite honest, both of these colors look like complete crap on me. Why are they in my collection? I'm never going to wear them unless I magically find a way to change my skin tone so they can look nice, haha. I know the Gaga one is purely and utterly because it's a Gaga lipstick and I love the hell out of her, but I'm really concerned as to why I bought Great Pink Planet.. obviously not a great life choice haha. Well, that's $16 (I think I actually paid $12, but still) worth of life lessons there.
I know I don't have lip swatches in this one but I have lip swatches up of both of these:
Lime Crime: http://meangirlmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/06/lipstick-collection-lime-crime.htmlMAC: http://meangirlmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/05/lipstick-collection-femme-couture-hard.html
I hope this helped someone!






I think I prefer the Gaga one :)
ReplyDelete